The Kindergarten program:
- Focuses on daily learning experiences that help children to communicate orally, interact with others, participate in problem-solving activities, and think critically.
- Provides opportunities for children to interact with books, identify sounds, rhyming words, and develop letter-sound relationships.
- Promotes writing development.
- Encourages children to demonstrate mathematical understanding by using real objects as they discuss, investigate, question, and verify.
- Enables children to acquire knowledge about themselves as individuals, and as members of a family, a community, and the world.
- Offers opportunities for children to observe, explore, experiment, and investigate the world around them.
- Utilizes a variety of learning centers and stations to reinforce skills.
- Encourages children’s creativity and higher-level thinking.
- Provides for use of computers and appropriate software.
Ms. Kaylee Homyk, a Kindergarten teacher, started teaching with FCPS in 2018. She grew up in Northern Virginia and attended school in FCPS. She earned her Bachelor of Arts and Master’s in Inclusive Early Childhood Education from James Madison University. In her free time, she enjoys walks with her dog, playing volleyball, cooking, and spending time with family in the Adirondacks.
Hi! My name is Leticia "Tish" Watson and I'm going into my 11th year here at LRES as a kindergarten instructional assistant! I love that I am one of the first teachers your child gets to work with as they begin their elementary school journey. I want to be able to help mold and shape their little minds into believing they are the best of the best and they can do anything they put their minds to. Working with children is a passion of mine and I look forward to seeing the growth and development of each student I'm able to work with throughout the year as they come into their own! Let's go Lions!