Third graders will continue to expand their understanding of language arts and math concepts, as well as deepen their understanding of science and social studies units.
In science, students will explore
- the scientific process
- the function and format of simple machines,
- causes of the Earth's cycles,
- the layers and components of soil
- the life cycle and adaptations of the ladybug.
In social studies, students will explore
- the ancient civilizations or Egypt, China, Greece, and Rome
- how the environment shaped the culture
- the contributions that each civilization made for future generations
Third grade is an exciting year for learners. This is the first year students will take the Virginia Standards of Learning (SOL) tests. Students will take reading and math SOL tests.
My name is Ms. Ender. This will be my third year teaching at Lemon Road Elementary. My favorite subjects to teach are Math, Science and emotional skills. My favorite part of teaching is learning about the students' unique passions and identities throughout the school year. I have loved my years as a classroom teacher and understand the importance of my role in this community. It is my hope that my students leave my class as self-motivated learners and kind citizens.